Vidya & Child, NGO by Rahul Akhaury, PGP 1993
(This article is shared by Rahul Akhaury, PGP 1993)
This is a story on Vidya & Child, NGO providing free education to over 1800 children. Started from our home by my wife, Supriya and myself. We have completed 20 years now and would like to reach out to alumni of IIMB to support us. It will enable us to reach out to more communities and children.
Vidya & Child works in marginalised communities, exploring the unique potential in each child by providing opportunities for value integrated learning and development. It is a place where EACH child matters.
Vidya & Child started its journey 20 years ago with two children being taught in one room from home of Rahul [Batch of 1993] and Supriya, in the year 1998. Today we are spread across five centres in Noida and Bihar and reach out to over 1,800 children.
The key milestones of this journey are:
• Initiating through an After School programme
• Setting up of Non-Formal Education Centres for children not going to school
• Providing holistic education through our own content, creative and skill exploration through Arts & Performing Arts and Life Skills Programmes
• Providing Career Guidance and support for higher studies through Foundation Programme
• Conversion of non-formal centres into schools registered with U P Board and NIOS
• Leveraging our experience in transforming 3 Municipal schools in East Delhi through Public-Private-Partnership Model
We cater to first generation learners, working through the complete education lifecycle of the child from Nursery to Class 12, Vocational & Graduation and beyond. Most important aspects of our approach have been Child Centricity, Strong Parent Connect and Process Orientation.
Way Forward & Your Support
We have completed 20 years and now we are building organizational readiness for next 20 years! In the next 5 years, we plan to:
- Strengthen our 5 centres in Noida and Bihar, through capacity building, organization development and process consolidation
- Hero MotoCorp is supporting one school
- Purchase of land and construction of school in Khoda, Noida with support of Cadence Design System has started
- Engage with 10 Government schools, set up model schools and engage with other organizations to share our experience, learnings and processes
- Work with 3 Govt. school started in 2018-19 in association with Sumi Motherson
Pledge your support
Your support hence would strengthen our effort and help us
• Reach out to more children get access to holistic education
• Reach out to more communities.
Vidya & Child fulfills all the requisite conditions of Corporate Social Responsibility [CSR] mentioned in the Schedule VII of the Section 135 of Companies Act, 2013.
Vidya & Child is a project managed by Jayaprakash Narayan Memorial Trust registered as Public Charitable Trust in New Delhi, India. The Trust is registered u/s 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act.
You can also be part of our journey and help us educate more children: Click on the link to donate
Tax Exemption of 50% under Section 80G
Individual Support of Rs 25K covers the Education cost of 1 child per year
Get in touch with the following alumni who are actively supporting this cause and are Trustees:
- Prakash S., 1993 Batch, 9840832747
- Mohan Kumar, 1993 Batch, 9711799661
- Toshak Vaid, 1993 Batch, 9811058105
Please visit us: www.vidyaandchild.org and for more details contact
Rahul Akhaury, 1993 Batch, Trustee and Co-Founder 9810334380, email@example.com